As a UI designer at Elements, you are at the core of our projects, making sure that the user is represented in every aspect of the apps that we build. We are technical adventurers and design thinkers that have a passion for creating lovable products for lovely clients in a lean and agile way. Joining us means that you will be given the opportunity to work on cool and innovative projects with nice people in an international and highly creative environment that allows you to learn and excel.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The main focus of a designer at Elements is to envision how people experience products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired and refined. In your role, you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use products for lots of different people around the world. From a first-time user to a sophisticated expert. This requires you to not only have an outstanding eye for design aesthetics, but also have deep knowledge and interest in user experience principles.
Achieving this requires collaboration with other designers, developers, project managers and clients throughout the process. From creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and hi-fi or lo-fi prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what the users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Having the right education is always valued, but what we find even more important is the skills, knowledge and passion;
- Strong experience in UI & UX design combined with solid knowledge of both Visual and Interaction design;
- Professional digital portfolio that demonstrates experience designing (responsive) interfaces for both desktop and mobile (web and native) applications and also shows excellent use of information architecture, layout, typography, color and imagery.
- Experience with prototyping and animation;
- An understanding of technological capabilities of different devices and other media;
- Excellent problem-solving, teamwork and communication skills;
- You have a natural drive to stay up to speed with the latest relevant developments in the field;
- And last but not least, you should be proficient with the relevant tools. Our current stack includes Invision, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Principle, keynote and numerous supporting tools.
WHAT WE ALSO FIND IMPORTANT
Next to bringing some skills to the table, we think it’s very important that you are an easygoing and openminded person that fits our company culture.
Passion & motivation
What is your vision on design? For us being a designer is not just something you do, it’s a way of living and thinking.
Communicate your ideas in a pleasant and convincing way and have the ability to synthesize design and development.
- We offer you a place in our diverse team of professionals, where you get to teach and learn at the same time
- We provide you with lunch, snacks and unlimited freshly ground coffee every day
- You will have flexible working hours and a possibility to occasionally work from home
- We encourage you to visit events and/or take courses to keep up-to-date and learn new skills
- And to top it off, what would work be like without fun? You could get your fair share at our regular company events and Friday beer & game afternoons, or by diving into the nostalgia of your childhood on our arcade machine
Did we grab your attention and do you feel like working with us? Then we’d love to hear from you! Send us your digital portfolio showing examples of the skills we are looking for and why you think this position would be a good fit for you and we will get back to you soon.Bekijk deze vacature