Tackling business challenges through design methods and mindset
Jungle Minds develops new, impactful business propositions and innovations that combine the power of business impact, user centricity and design & technology. To further strengthen our team, we are looking for a Junior Business Designer.
What we mean by ‘Business Design’
Some say Business Designers are responsible for the business viability of the innovations that they devise together with their team. Yep, that’s also true at Jungle Minds, but not just that!
The role of a business designer at Jungle Minds is pretty hybrid, at the intersection between strategy, business and creativity. They work as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team to create concepts, prototypes and products; putting them out there in the market and in the hands of users as fast as possible, test, learn and iterate.
BDs are key in understanding the context and the business objectives of the customer, and in translating it into the product. They turn data into insights, define and communicate strategies, discover and create business models. And – last but not least – they are also at the front line of our commercial efforts, working closely together with the client to continuously assess their needs and find opportunities for the next project we can embarque on together.
What will you do as Jr. Business Designer?
Your work at Jungle Minds will be incredibly diverse. In the morning you present your vision and approach on a new platform for entrepreneurs to the management team of a big financial institution; in the afternoon you interview potential donors of a humanitarian organisation to explore their needs and behaviours.
- You will analyze the business of our clients: the company, the market, the context and their customers. Understanding their strategic objectives and helping them to determine their short and long-term objectives.
- You will work together with visual and user experience designers to develop desirable, sustainable and feasible (digital) products or services.
- You will work together with visual, user experience designers and developers to develop desirable, sustainable and feasible (digital) products.
- With your project team, you will facilitate the process to arrive at innovations that are based on real insights on the needs of the business and the users.
- You will support the design of new, customer-focused business or revenue models that enable our customers to stand out from their competition.
Our ideal candidate
- First and foremost: a true high-potential! You’re a sharp, curious, and critical thinker. You are a humble, eager to learn and energetic individual; as well as a fun and genuinely pleasant human being!
- 1-3 years of experience in a role related to innovation, strategy, business design, service design, venture building, or comparable. Agency experience is a plus but not a requirement.
- You have hands-on experience in delivering projects with a human-centered design approach. Experience in conducting qualitative user research is a plus.
- You have experience in co-facilitating workshops.
- You are a fast thinker. You can quickly grasp the complexity of a business challenge, understand the key elements and the right questions to be investigated.
- You are to create and deliver effective and intellectually convincing presentations to clients
- You are a modest, empathetic and energetic person.
- You are able to work independently and to perfectly represent our agency with both new and existing clients.
- Working in (small) teams is your natural environment and you are not afraid to take on responsibilities.
What Jungle Minds has to offer
Jungle Minds is an established agency with a pretty cool track record and network that opens doors to new opportunities. But we have also maintained our independence, in both ownership and energy, which gives you as a Business Designer the space and possibilities to further develop yourself and the way the agency is heading. We have great ambitions and a culture in which strategy, research, design and development constantly work together to achieve valuable results. Meaning that at Jungle Minds you will find 30 smart, skilled and fun colleagues who enjoy coming to work every day.
Oh, and all other -hard and soft- conditions are also quite excellent. Amongst them: the view. But you would just have to come over to see that for yourself.
Do you have the brains, skills and drive we are looking for? Apply by sending us your motivation letter and portfolio (if you have one) today. Wanna know more first? Check our employer manual or just give us a call on 020 5141414 and ask for Marieke!