Fast growing international “full service” digital agency? Check!
Young and informal culture? Check!
Work hard, play hard environment? Check!
Colleagues with different backgrounds from all over the world? Check!
The coolest customers ever? Check!
We are looking for a SysOps Engineer to join our team in Groningen. We strongly believe that as an organization, you need to be able to change fast. We work hard to make sure we quickly adapt to new developments. We work together and transform new insights and technological innovations into powerful solutions for our customers.
Our hosting team is looking for an enthusiastic SysOps Engineer to effortlessly communicate your creative thoughts and ideas and be an important part of the professional steps we are working on right now. Looking for an employer, where everything is already set? Please look further. Looking for the next step where you can be a key player and make a real difference for the future? Check YOU and WE!
You have experience working in a fast-paced project and solutions environment, preferably in the world of e-commerce. You are an analytical and creative thinker and not afraid to challenge your colleagues. You are following the jointly established goals together with your team and enjoy loads of space to grow and develop yourself and your colleagues. At Youwe you are part of an enthusiastic team and you will be involved in delivering high-quality projects.
What does a regular day look like?
You will start to be working on implementing solutions that your team has planned. This will be mostly done using docker for our next generation cloud products. During the day you may be asked for support on complex cases together with our support engineer. Our support is helping our customer teams with daily tasks and issues that the teams encounter. You will help them explain the technical properties of the products you implement and provide points where complex issues might be located. The learnings you take from this you bring back to the container landscape you help develop.
Your goal is to reduce our support tasks and automate processes and implement infrastructure improvement! Challenging right? To achieve this you gather input from the programmers and you initiate a project for improvement.
In short: this diverse role allows you to play an important role in maintaining and supporting our customer environments whilst at the same time focussing on innovation and continuous improvement. You take the lead and ensure a project gets finished from start to end.
- Able to function on a higher professional educational level (HBO/WO);
- Feel comfortable with Linux Server products (Ubuntu, Debian) and working on the command line;
- Concepts such as virtualization, containerization (Docker) and clouds are no stranger to you;
- Webservers such as Apache and NGINX are a piece of cake for you;
- Databases/SQL; (MYSQL) are known territory for you;
- Have basic knowledge of PHP, Bash Shell scripting and GIT and/or other versioning tools;
- You’ve completed your masters or bachelors degree;
- Fluent in English language.
At Youwe, we have a simple goal: always stay ahead of the latest developments in the digital world which is constantly changing. How do we do that? With the help of data and smart algorithms. We combine technology, data, and creativity to change and improve the way brands communicate with their customers. And that didn’t go unnoticed, because our client base is growing every day – just like our team of dedicated fanatics hosted in the Netherlands and Ukraine. Youwe is also a partner of a leading AI solution company. And… we are looking for a colleague who wants to take over the world with us.
- Give you the opportunity to develop yourself in the role of SysOps Engineer;
- Can offer you the possibility to help build an even more successful company;
- We believe in people that think about how great they want to become, not how great they are ->, therefore, we have our Youwe Academy;
- Choose your own laptop;
- Office located in the city center of Groningen, near public transport;
- And second last but not least: lunches, drinks, and events (+table soccer);
- Help us help Youwe grow! Dream big, start small, grow smart!
NOTE! During the current Corona crisis, conversations take place via Skype, as our employees also work from home. As soon as the health risks are over, you are of course welcome to have a cup of coffee at our office as well!