Who are you?
You are a creative and professional crafts(wo)man, with a strong passion for digital product design that is done the right way. To you that is: a solid design proces in which you collaborate closely with the client and include the user. An open environment where team and client look for improvements in both the product and the process, with no fear for a fruitful discussion.
You are the guide for both client and team throughout the project and facilitate decision making. From creating project proposals and discussing the challenge with potential clients, to leading the team towards success on projects. You advise the client on what route to take, set up a way of working for the project team, and know just which methods to use in order to move the project towards practical realisation. You are good at improvising during the project, as you know all the design methods by heart and are comfortable changing the process when a project calls for it.
- You consistently strive for the best quality product for end-users. That means you have an eye for the big picture as well as for the details, and you can switch between those viewpoints early and often.
- You take pride in balancing user needs, business requirements and technological possibilities in close collaboration with our clients.
- You love bringing people together. You have experience in stakeholder management and know which methods and workshops you can use to align people at the client side and link them to the product team.
- You are opinionated. You feel strongly that there’s a ‘right way’ to do it and you will not shy away from asking difficult questions or voicing your opinions, to colleagues or clients alike.
- You design the process as much as the end-result. You like shaping the design process and UX methods on projects, giving advice on the proposal, solution and the resources needed.
- You see yourself designing for a variety of contexts, from car selling platforms to multimedia service providers, learning about the world of the people using these products before the project has even started.
- You know you’ve only mastered something if you can teach it to others. You take up a mentor role for junior designers naturally, seeing knowledge shared is knowledge gained.
- You are constantly improving the way you work, and are actively seeking out feedback from peers and clients in order to do so.
- You have 5+ years experience in UX design for digital products; numbers don’t prove anything but you have seen your fair share of projects, clients and products, making it difficult to throw you off balance.
- You want to be a part of our Amsterdam team (and are able to work from there when corona is over)*
- You can speak and/or understand Dutch and English.
* Please note we are looking for people living in the Netherlands, able to travel to our clients and work from our Amsterdam office.
About your job
As a senior UX designer you create and deliver high quality design for clients. You are able to understand, discover and communicate the business needs, user needs and technical requirements, guiding the team forward. You hone your skills and areas of expertise, while skill-fully guiding clients during the design process as their reliable primary contact for that project. You collaborate with others, either within Hike One or as a member of a client’s team.
In your roles you have autonomy and the responsibility for the overall quality of our projects. You fill roles where you are the lead designer, shaping the design proces at our clients, or defining and improving the standard we have for UX design or other design related topics. Working independently without the need of assistance, but providing assistance to others. You are the designer inspiring and guiding both designers and clients to create the best products.
About Hike One
We are Hike One, one of the finest teams of digital product designers in The Netherlands. Maybe you’ve ran into us before without knowing it. We worked on Rituals, Marktplaats, Signify, Squla, and more. Our team consists of over 50+ designers, currently spread between our home-offices in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, and Eindhoven. We design digital services that not only look awesome but work extremely smooth as well.
We call ourselves designers. Yet we see ourselves as so much more. We come from all walks of life, we are engineers, explorers, entrepreneurs, teachers, researchers, illustrators, musicians, thrill-seekers and above all else friends. We believe in doing what you love, always finding a way, getting things done, and most importantly being open and honest to ourselves and with each other.
I’m still interested! What’s in it for me?
Now, let’s talk about what you’ll get in return for all your hard work. Of course there’s a monthly salary and 25 days holiday a year. You’ll get a top-notch MacBook including every tool you need. If you run into a sweet new tool that we weren’t aware of yet, we’ll gladly try it out. And who knows, maybe you can give a lunch lecture on your new discovery.
But wait, there’s even more:
- Monthly (remote) team gatherings and in non-corona times yearly weekend trips
- Fun colleagues to have movie night & play games with
- Team get togethers to discuss your project with colleagues
- Hopefully soon: a healthy lunch, table tennis, foosball, weekly massages and more
- Compensation for your travel and phone expenses
What sets us apart:
- A huge set of fellow design enthusiasts to work with, share your thoughts with and learn from every single day.
- We jumpstart your career by giving you the opportunity to grow professionally – you will get 10 days a year for education to spend on conferences, masterclasses, workshops and (online) courses.
- Opportunity to follow your personal passions and interests together with like-minded colleagues.
- We are self-organising, practising Holacracy. You can be independent and define your own career path within Hike One.
- In corona times you get to use the office supplies you need to create a good and healthy home office.
- An inspiring office in Amsterdam, with currently 3 workplaces according to the guidelines of the RIVM. Here you can work with colleagues and change scene if you can’t work from home.
You convinced me! What should I do?
Go ahead and apply! Should you want to read more about our team, our portfolio or our way of working, check out our website at hike.one
Send us your application (and a portfolio) before March 31st. First interviews will take place in week 14.