Full-time • Amsterdam • Rotterdam • Eindhoven
Who are you?
You are a creative, conscientious and professional crafts(wo)man. You show a strong passion for digital product design and have a number of beautiful projects supported by a strong process to show for it. Being curious and thoughtful, you are focussed on quality. You have an eye for improvement and won’t shy away from fruitful discussion. You find yourself most energised when you combine your expertise and your knack for guidance to explore a range of design solutions. You love a challenge and get excited when you move projects towards practical realisation.
Collaborating closely with our clients, you are in a position to build thriving relationships. Your excellent communication skills guide them throughout the design process and facilitate decision making, keeping their best interest in mind.
- You are constantly learning and staying up to date on the latest UX tools and UX trends.
- You see yourself designing for a variety of contexts, from car selling platforms to multimedia service providers.
- You always search for a good balance between user needs, business requirements and technological possibilities in close collaboration with clients.
- You love testing your ideas with the people for whom you design them for, you believe the cornerstone to a design process is a strong research foundation.
- You are not shy in asking questions and voice your opinion to clients and colleagues.
- You crave feedback from peers and clients because you are always looking to improve the way you work.
- You want to be a part of our team in Amsterdam, Rotterdam or Eindhoven (and are able to work from there when corona is over).*
- You can speak and/or understand Dutch and English.
* Please note we are looking for people living in the Netherlands, able to travel to our clients and work from one of our offices.
About your job
As a UX/Interaction Designer you create and deliver high quality design for clients. You hone your skills and areas of expertise, while skill-fully guiding clients during the design process as their reliable primary contact for that project. You collaborate with others, either within Hike One or as a member of a client’s team.
As a designer that is just starting out, you will work together with colleagues a lot. Your independence in your roles and projects grows with the experience and expertise you get. You will start out assisting other designers on a project, learning about design patterns, creating wireframes, communicating your designs to stakeholders, scrum, etc. This helps you build a strong foundation of design skills.
As you grow, you run more projects and discover multiple parts of the design process like research and facilitation. Slowly taking on more responsibilities in projects. You will grow into the role that fits you like a glove, which can be a deep dive in specialised topics like UX research, UX design, animation or more broadly like facilitation and design ops related roles. You might even start to pick up some internal roles to share knowledge or help organising weekendjes weg.
About Hike One
We are Hike One, one of the finest teams of digital product designers in The Netherlands. Maybe you’ve ran into us before without knowing it. We worked on Rituals, Marktplaats, Signify, Squla, and more. Our team consists of over 50+ designers, currently spread between our home-offices in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, and Eindhoven. We design digital services that not only look awesome but work extremely smooth as well.
We call ourselves designers. Yet we see ourselves as so much more. We come from all walks of life, we are engineers, explorers, entrepreneurs, teachers, researchers, illustrators, musicians, thrill-seekers and above all else friends. We believe in doing what you love, always finding a way, getting things done, and most importantly being open and honest to ourselves and with each other.
I’m still interested! What’s in it for me?
Now, let’s talk about what you’ll get in return for all your hard work. Of course there’s a monthly salary and 25 days holiday a year. You’ll get a top-notch MacBook including every tool you need. If you run into a sweet new tool that we weren’t aware of yet, we’ll gladly try it out. And who knows, maybe you can give a lunch lecture on your new discovery.
But wait, there’s even more:
- Monthly (remote) team gatherings and in non-corona times yearly weekend trips
- Fun colleagues to have movie night & play games with
- Team get togethers to discuss your project with colleagues
- Hopefully soon: a healthy lunch, table tennis, foosball, weekly massages and more
- Compensation for your travel and phone expenses
What sets us apart:
- A huge set of fellow design enthusiasts to work with, share your thoughts with and learn from every single day.
- We jumpstart your career by giving you the opportunity to grow professionally – you will get 10 days a year for education to spend on conferences, masterclasses, workshops and (online) courses.
- Opportunity to follow your personal passions and interests together with like-minded colleagues.
- We are self-organising, practising Holacracy. You can be independent and define your own career path within Hike One.
- In corona times you get to use the office supplies you need to create a good and healthy home office.
- An inspiring office in Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Eindhoven, with currently some workplaces according to the guidelines of the RIVM. Here you can work with colleagues and change scene if you can’t work from home.
You convinced me! What should I do?
Go ahead and apply! Should you want to read more about our team, our portfolio or our way of working, check out our website at hike.one
Send us your application (and a portfolio that shows your design process) and we’ll get back to you within 2 weeks.