Visual Design internship at Momkai
February 2022 – July 2022
At strategic design agency Momkai we are looking to welcome a visual design intern to our international team. With a drive to create outstanding work – guided by a strong moral compass. Focused on clarity and beauty, with an eye for detail.
At Momkai, you will work on real client projects with an international scope. As part of a team with a drive for quality. Memberful design is our collective focus: creating meaningful experiences for the members of mission-driven organizations. We help to build international platforms, launch impactful brands, and break crowdfunding world-records. Grounded in design principles of calm and clarity.
At Momkai, we create meaningful member experiences online and in the real world — from design strategy and brand identities to digital platforms and product launches. To provide a more solid and sincere route to sustainability for mission-driven organizations around the globe.
We design member experiences for organizations such as the Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB), Adyen, and New York University. We also create memberful initiatives from scratch, such as ad-free journalism platform De Correspondent, the Embassy of Good Science for the European research community, and the Oncode Institute for cancer research.
Our design philosophy is to cultivate calm, so that only the content can drive you to distraction. We design holistic experiences, from timeless brand identities to inventive audio apps. We cultivate calm as a team too. To keep us kind, constructive, and creative. In 2016, we introduced our philosophy of cultivating calm at the Stedelijk Museum of modern art in Amsterdam.
About your role
Your work matters
We are looking for a talented design intern with a drive to create outstanding work — grounded in our design philosophy of cultivating calm. From high-quality UI designs and branding to icons, prints, and infographics. With thoughtful details and a human touch. For our mission-driven clients in the US, Europe, and Japan.
At Momkai, you will be welcomed by a close-knit team who will do anything in their power to help you feel welcome and develop yourself. You will work together with experienced designers, to cultivate your craft, sharpen your skills, and gain practical experience. Mastery of design tools like Sketch and Illustrator is essential, since you will get to work straight away.
What we ask:
- Registered at an educational institution — within the European Union (requirement!)
- Studying design or media — at bachelor level or higher
- Design tools knowledge — Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote
- Member focused — design with the members in mind
- Hands-on — receptive to feedback
- Eye for detail — with a sense of quality
- Proficient in English — speaking Dutch is helpful
- Available for four to five months — starting in February 2022
What we offer:
- A multidisciplinary team — focused on delivering high quality work
- Room for personal development — guidance for growth with dedicated mentorship
- International clients and partners — a wide range of mission-driven projects
- A friendly working environment — with lunch and your own laptop included
- Spacious office in city center Amsterdam — studio that overlooks the water *
- Nearby Central Station — easily accessible with public transport
- Internship compensation — 400 EUR/month based on a 40 hour week
Important note: In order to apply for an internship, it is a requirement to be registered as a student at an educational institution in the European Union.