Global clients past and present include Adyen, Red Bull, Nike, the Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB), Imperial College London, and New York University (NYU). The team worked closely with the founders of VanMoof, Bugaboo, Oncode Institute and Renews Japan. Momkai helped to co-found, design, and build De Correspondent, now the third largest membership journalism platform in the world (and a client for over 9 years).
The brands and platforms that we create are guided by our design philosophy of calm. It allows us to be kind, constructive, and creative. This philosophy stems from a drive for quality. We are focused on creating online spaces of calm — so that only the content can drive members to distraction.
Thanks to our four-year collaboration with NYU, we learned that a memberful approach provides a better and healthier route to sustainability. That’s how we became the home of memberful design.
With memberful design, we connect individuals’ passions to a shared larger purpose. We believe these meaningful member experiences create durable initiatives, as we experienced with De Correspondent. You can read more on its member-supported growth in Press Gazette.
About your role
Your work matters
At Momkai, we are looking for a Visual Design Intern with a drive to create outstanding work. From impactful interface designs and beautiful branding to informative icons, subtle photo-editing, and helpful print assistance, you’ll be cultivating calm, with an eye for detail, for our mission-driven clients around Europe, the US, and Japan.
You’ll work together with experienced designers, to cultivate your craft, sharpen your skills, and gain practical experience. Mastery of design tools like Figma and Illustrator is essential, since you will get to work straight away. You’ll be welcomed by a close-knit team who will do anything in their power to let you feel welcome and develop yourself. We promote the desire to understand where others are coming from — letting all feel safe, respected and welcome.
What we offer:
- International team — creative, kind and focused on making beautiful work
- A friendly environment that’s gezellig — with lunch and laptop included
- Room for personal development — guidance for growth and training
- Internship compensation — 400 EUR/month based on a 40hr week
- Amsterdam’s city center — spacious studio near Central Station
- Terrace on the waterfront — with private parking spaces
What we ask:
- Educational institution — registered in European Union (required)
- Tool skills — Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote
- Available for 5 to 6 months — starting in September 2022
- Studying design or media — at bachelor level or higher
- Member-focused — design with communities in mind
- Hands-on — open to feedback, focussed on quality
- Proficient in English — speaking Dutch is helpful