At Momkai, the strategic design agency, we are looking for a talented UX Design intern to join our international team. Help us empower communities and build new brands, with a drive to create meaningful work, guided by a strong moral compass, while focused on clarity and beauty, with an eye for detail.
Join us to help mission-driven organizations across Europe, US, and Japan. We’ve helped to launch global platforms, break crowdfunding world records, and build impactful brands. We create meaningful experiences for members online and in the real world through memberful design.
Global clients past and present include Adyen, Red Bull, Nike, the Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB), Imperial College London, and New York University (NYU). The team worked closely with the founders of VanMoof, Bugaboo, Oncode Institute and Renews Japan. Momkai helped to co-found, design, and build De Correspondent, now the third largest membership journalism platform in the world (and a client for over 9 years).
The brands and platforms that we create are guided by our design philosophy of calm. It allows us to be kind, constructive, and creative. This philosophy stems from a drive for quality. We are focused on creating online spaces of calm — so that only the content can drive members to distraction.
Thanks to our four-year collaboration with NYU, we learned that a memberful approach provides a better and healthier route to sustainability. That’s how we became the home of memberful design.
With memberful design, we connect individuals’ passions to a shared larger purpose. We believe these meaningful member experiences create durable initiatives, as we experienced with De Correspondent. You can read more on its member-supported growth in Press Gazette.
About your role
Your work matters
We are looking for a talented UX Design intern who is empathetic and driven, with attention to detail. While at Momkai, you will design meaningful experiences for organizations with impact. You will learn to analyze behavior, discover needs, and design member experiences. You will learn to use design thinking and UX methods like questionnaires, interviews, personas, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, and user tests, all while under the guidance of experts in your field.
We are looking for someone with experience in Figma, Miro, and Keynote, because you’ll get to work right away. During this internship, you’ll work with experienced designers who will help you achieve your internship goals. You’ll gain hands-on experience in research and design so that you can develop craftmanship and new skills.
What we offer:
- A multidisciplinary team — focused on delivering high-quality results
- Room for personal development — guidance from dedicated mentoring
- International clients and partners — a wide range of mission-driven projects
- A friendly environment that’s gezellig — with lunch and laptop included
- A studio in the heart of Amsterdam — with terrace and water views
- Close to Central Station — easily accessible by public transport
- Internship stipend — 400 EUR/month based on a 40-hour week
What we ask:
- Educational institution — registered in European Union (required)
- Experienced in creating wireframes — but most importantly you’re eager to learn
- Available for 5 to 6 months — starting in February 2023
- Studying design or media — at bachelor level or higher
- Member-focused — designing with the end user in mind
- Research skills — curious about user needs
- Eye for detail – sense for quality
- Proficient in English — speaking Dutch is helpful