We are looking for a User Experience Designer in The Valley!
So, what will you be doing as a UX Designer at The Valley? UX Designers are important during the entire design process, from concept to launch, to testing and optimization. We are looking for a UX Designer who is self-sufficient and will be working on different projects in a multidisciplinary team or at one of our A-brand clients.
Armed with methodologies such as customer journeys, service mapping and personas, you translate business goals and customer insights into excellent user experiences. Combining creativity with an analytical mind, you break down complex business challenges and turn them into actionable solutions for you and the team. You are highly curious and always seek meaningful customer insights by doing user research and facilitating workshops with your stakeholders.
You are able to apply responsive design principles to your wireframes and interactive prototypes. You test your assumptions with usability tests and know how to use the insights gained to improve your designs and substantiate choices. Your advice informs clients on the functional possibilities of different touchpoints and the power of new forms of communication. Couple all that with your eye for micro-interactions, for example on mobile, and you know how to bring a design to life.
What we are looking for
- You have an HBO or WO degree in a relevant field, for example: Communication and Multimedia Design or Industrial Design Engineering;
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience, with a portfolio showcasing projects and the role you have played in it;
- You enjoy tackling complex challenges of our clients by combining creative problem solving with a strong analytical approach;
- From inspiration to validation, you have experience with doing user research that will benefit the experiences you create and the projects you work in;
- Experience facilitating design workshops that will help you and your team create delightful experiences that fit your client and the user;
- Experience with presenting to audiences and know how to communicate your solutions clearly and in a compelling way;
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams and familiar with Agile / Scrum processes;
- Industry-standard design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, Keynote don’t hold any secrets for you;
- It is a requirement that you currently live in The Netherlands.
Why you might go for The Valley
- Already part of Amsterdam’s’ agency landscape for over 25 years;
- We are an independent agency and take all the freedom coming with it;
- Working on a European and Worldwide level for A-brands, like Nike, AB Inbev, de Bijenkorf, Tommy Hilfiger and AkzoNobel;
- We’ve won awards like SAN Accents, EFFIE, Esprix and DIA;
- Talent gets the chance to grow a The Valley – therefore, we have several initiatives within and outside the office;
- Speaking Dutch is not a requirement.
What we offer
You’ll be based in our beautiful (and bright) open-spaced office in Amsterdam-Overamstel. We work in a dynamic and inspiring environment in which we treat each other with respect and kindness. Our organization structure is quite flat and ensures open communication. In addition to a tempting package of employment conditions, career prospects and training opportunities, we offer chair massages, provide your lunch and have Friday drinks at our massive Valley Bar.
Do you have any questions or do you think you do not fit the profile for 100%? See what’s possible and contact Michelle or Eltje on 020 451 5151.