Build web apps that are available as air. And as secure as Fort Knox.
At VI Company, we conceptualize and build FinTech-related solutions for the web. From the ground up, for leading clients in the financial domain. Think of banks, like BNP Paribas and ING, but also pension funds (Unilever) and asset management firms (PGGM). It should go without saying that our apps must combine the best of both worlds: they need to be as available as air and as secure as Fort Knox (meaning: withstand a pentest from our Security Officer or even Fox IT). Is that the kind of coding challenge you’re cut out for?
How you serve the best code
- You develop clean and testable C# code for FinTech apps and websites.
- You join a multidisciplinary Scrum team with multiple developers (back-end, front-end, UX) to work towards a shared goal: apps and sites that wow on every level.
- You consult with our clients, to build customized solutions used by millions of users.
- You safeguard usability, maintainability, availability, performance, scalability and security (not necessarily in that order though).
As Software Engineer, you contribute directly to our ambition to simplify financial markets. You work on long-running projects (7-12 months) to build large, customized features and software. No matter what projects you and your team tackle, clean code is always called for, and usability and security are prime concerns. Our favorite tech stack includes C# .NET (Framework, Core, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core), Azure DevOps, Docker and MS-SQL. Together with the team you decide which technologies and tools you want to use – do you want to try out something new? That’s up to you.
A day as Software Engineer at VI Company:
- Kickstart the day with a sprint refinement together with the team and Product Owner. Good user stories and clear goals help everyone!
- For lunch, develop the API and data storage for this sprints’ goal, touch base with your fellow backend colleagues about it, and finish up with some unit tests.
- After that, you join the backend standup where 15 fellow backends join forces and talk through their activities, new code and new ideas.
- End the day on a light note by taking some time to experiment with a GraphQL.
6 boxes we tick
- Salary between € 3.250 and € 4.250 plus a 13th-month pay.
- Become a co-owner of VI Company. We share plenty, and that includes the company’s stock!
- A real developer culture with over 25 IT colleagues and highly skilled seniors who all love to share their knowledge with you.
- To stay on top of your coding game, we provide training budget & extra study days.
- Flexible working from home policy, working hours (32-40), and a home-office budget to decorate your home office.
- The chance to annihilate your colleagues in Super Smash Bros, FIFA, during a cook-off/pub quiz or Dungeons&Dragons.
6 boxes you tick (the more the merrier)
- You bring at least 2 years of engineering experience to the table and are versed in (most parts) of our Tech Stack.
- You subscribe to the DevOps philosophy and embrace Scrum and Agile.
- You are a strong communicator and enjoy giving and receiving feedback – the more we share, the more we learn, the better it gets.
- You are a (wo)man of the world; you enjoy working with people from a wide range of backgrounds and you can discuss ideas with everyone.
- You don’t sigh for six minutes straight if a less tech-savvy stakeholder asks you to explain it again, pretty please?
- You love to contribute to meaningful apps and websites.
Happy to have you aboard! To apply, shoot us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on WhatsApp +31 10 714 44 57.