Research internship at Momkai
Driven by curiosity
At strategic design agency Momkai we are looking to welcome a research intern to our international team. With a passion for in-depth research and out-of-the-box thinking. As a basis for creative work with impact, for mission-driven organizations in the US, Europe, and Japan.
At Momkai, you will work on real client projects with an international scope. As part of a team with a drive for quality. Memberful design is our collective focus: creating meaningful experiences for the members of mission-driven organizations. We help to build international platforms, launch impactful brands, and break crowdfunding world-records. Grounded in design principles of calm and clarity.
At Momkai, we create meaningful member experiences online and in the real world — from design strategy and brand identities to digital platforms and product launches. To provide a more solid and sincere route to sustainability for mission-driven organizations around the globe.
We design member experiences for organizations such as the Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB), Adyen, and New York University. We also create memberful initiatives from scratch, such as ad-free journalism platform De Correspondent, the Embassy of Good Science for the European research community, and the Oncode Institute for cancer research.
Our design philosophy is to cultivate calm, so that only the content can drive you to distraction. We design holistic experiences, from timeless brand identities to inventive audio apps. We cultivate calm as a team too. To keep us kind, constructive, and creative. In 2016, we introduced our philosophy of cultivating calm at the Stedelijk Museum of modern art in Amsterdam.
About your role
We are looking for a talented research intern with a passion for digital trends and innovation. To provide a strong basis for the work we do as a strategic design team. You help to spark new ideas and think out-of-the-box — guided by a strong moral compass. Academic research capabilities and strong writing skills are an advantage, since you will work on real projects from the start.
At Momkai, you will be welcomed by a close-knit team, who will do anything in their power to make you feel at home and help you develop yourself. During your internship, you will be mentored by an experienced strategist, who will help you set and achieve your internship goals. Together, you will be doing research into new projects, prospects, markets and trends. Captured in structured documents and dynamic presentations.
What we ask:
- Studying (digital) business or marketing — at bachelor or a higher level
- Analytical capabilities — curious nature and a proactive mindset
- Eye for detail — sense of quality
- Research skills — eager to learn
- Academic thinking level — reading and writing
- Proficient in English — speaking Dutch is an advantage
- Available for five to six months — start in February 2022
What we offer
- A multidisciplinary team — focused on delivering high quality work
- Room for personal development — dedicated mentorship
- International clients and partners — a wide spectrum of sustainable projects
- A friendly working environment — with your own laptop included
- A studio in the heart of Amsterdam — on the waterfront with its own terrace
- Nearby Central Station — easily reachable with public transport
- Internship compensation — 400 EUR/month based on a 40 hour week
Important note: In order to apply for an internship, it is a requirement to be registered as a student at an educational institution in the European Union.