Medior Visual /UI Designers
Full-Time | Rotterdam – Amsterdam
Nice to meet you! We are Hike One
One of the finest teams of digital product designers in The Netherlands. Maybe you’ve run into us before without knowing it. We worked on Rituals, Marktplaats, Signify, Squla, and more. Our team consists of over 50+ designers, currently spread between our offices in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, and Eindhoven. We design digital services that not only look awesome but work extremely smooth as well.
Have a look at what we bring to the table at: hike.one/careers
As a designer, you already have two or three years experience under your belt, and you’re excited to take your next step. You believe in the power of combining storytelling, visual hierarchy and layout to present the best digital product possible. You’re already proficient with a variety of tools and software (e.g. Sketch, Principle, InVision, Photoshop, Zeplin, Confluence, Jira) and you easily adapt to new developments within your special field.
You thrive when you’re building collaborative client relationships. You instinctively know how to guide people throughout the design process and facilitate decision-making; communicating transparently, building trust and keeping their best interests in mind at all times.
At this pivotal point in your career you will be keen to expand your knowledge of design patterns, wireframes, user flows, prototyping, etc. You will feel yourself becoming an expert in the realm of digital product design over the coming years. And you will seize every opportunity that comes your way.
If you’re strongly opinionated, desperate to take the next stage in your development and can work in a team where people speak up on all things design, we’re on the same page.
You can speak and/or understand Dutch and English, live currently in The Netherlands and you can work without a work permit.*
* Please note: we are looking for people living in the Netherlands, able to travel to our clients and work from one of our offices.
About the Job
As a (Medior) UI Designer you will:
- Create, deliver, and communicate high-quality designs for our varied client base.
- Take pride in skillfully guiding clients through the design process, knowing your Hiker colleagues are there to support you when you need them.
- Join projects with a design lead and learn from their experience
- In some instances take on the responsibility of delivering quality work to clients.
- Grasp the opportunities available at Hike One to hone your current areas of expertise while identifying ways to grow professionally and personally and expand your knowledge.
Now, let’s talk about what we offer in return for all your hard work. You’ll get a competitive monthly salary and 25 days holiday a year. You’ll be handed a top-notch MacBook which includes every tool you will ever need. If you run into a sweet new tool that we weren’t aware of, we’ll gladly try it out. And who knows, maybe you can give a lunch lecture on your new discovery.
But wait, there’s even more:
- Monthly (remote) team gatherings and yearly weekend trips (if Corona measures allow)
- Team get togethers to discuss your project with colleagues
- Once we’re back in the office: a healthy lunch, table tennis, foosball, weekly massages and more
- Compensation for your travel and phone expenses.
So far, so convincing, right? So, what now? Go ahead and apply! You’re only one click away!