Medior UX Designers
Full-Time | Amsterdam – Rotterdam – Eindhoven
As a designer, you already have two or three years of experience under your belt. You are a creative, conscientious, and professional crafts(wo)man. You show a strong passion for digital product design and have a number of beautiful projects supported by a strong process to show for it. Being curious and thoughtful, you are focused on quality. You have an eye for improvement and won’t shy away from fruitful discussions. You find yourself most energized when you combine your expertise and your knack for guidance to explore a range of design solutions. You love a challenge and get excited when you move projects towards practical realization.
Collaborating closely with our clients, you are in a position to build thriving relationships. Your excellent communication skills guide them throughout the design process and facilitate decision-making, keeping their best interest in mind.
About the Job
As a (Medior) UX Designer you will create, deliver, and communicate high-quality designs for clients. You are jumping at the bit to hone your already blooming design skills and areas of expertise while having the awareness to seek and carve out the time to grow and expand your knowledge about the digital product design world.
Within projects, you skillfully guide clients through the design process as their trusty and reliable point of contact. This is not done alone however as you will embark on these projects with your Hiker colleagues in a team well equipped to tackle the complexities of the project. At times, this may require you to be fully immersed and join a current design team of clients, giving you a taste of how an in-house design team works.
You will work together with a range of varying experienced colleagues a whole lot. As you move from project to project your independence in your role will grow. You will join project & design leads on projects and learn and follow from their lead, while in other instances you will take on the responsibility of delivering quality work to clients. Do not worry though, you will never be on your own as there will always be a Hiker not far away for you to bounce ideas off of and support you in your creative endeavors.
Through all of this, you will expand your knowledge of design patterns, wireframes, user flows, prototyping, etc. You will feel yourself becoming an expert in the realm of digital product design in the coming years.
- You are up to date on the latest UX tools and UX trends and busy applying them in your way of working.
- You have at least two years of experience in the field of UX design.
- You are capable of designing for a variety of contexts, from car leasing platforms to multimedia service providers to smart home lighting systems!
- You find the balance between user needs, business requirements, and technological possibilities in close collaboration with colleagues, clients, and key stakeholders.
- You not only absolutely love testing your ideas with the people for whom you design them for you actively search for opportunities to do so!
- You are not shy in asking questions and voicing your opinion to clients and colleagues, even when it may go against what others think.
- You crave feedback from peers and clients because you are always looking to improve the way you work.
- You want to be a part of our team in Amsterdam, Rotterdam or Eindhoven (and are able to work from there when corona is over).*
- You can speak and/or understand Dutch and English.
* Please note: we are looking for people living in the Netherlands, able to travel to our clients and work from one of our offices.
About Hike One
We are Hike One, one of the finest teams of digital product designers in The Netherlands. Maybe you’ve ran into us before without knowing it. We worked on Rituals, Marktplaats, Signify, Squla, and more. Our team consists of over 50+ designers, currently spread between our home-offices in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, and Eindhoven. We design digital services that not only look awesome but work extremely smooth as well.
Meet your Team
We call ourselves designers. Yet we see ourselves as so much more. We come from all walks of life, we are engineers, explorers, entrepreneurs, teachers, researchers, illustrators, musicians, thrill-seekers and above all else friends. We believe in the following;
- 🧠 Being a creative problem solver: A Hiker doesn’t accept how things are given and seeks to constantly pioneer new manners of approaching work, creativity and life in general.
- ⛰️ Being open to challenges and seeking them out: A Hiker is comfortable with not knowing what to do or how to do it.
- 🏎️ Being a ferrari (Tesla): A Hiker thinks in opportunities and possibilities rather than problems and excuses.
- 🤓 Being a nerd: To bluntly put it, Hike One is a gathering of enthusiastic and passionate nerds.
- ✊ Being all about the team: Nothing is great or worth sharing is done alone, it’s all about helping one another grow and celebrating successes together!
Our hiring process
Intake – A quick 15 minute call in which we give you bit more background information on the vacancy and more importantly have a clearer view about the person behind the application 😎.
1st Interview – Here we focus on diving into your work and mindset as a designer.
2nd Interview – We dive even further into your way of working as well as a more in depth look into the role at Hike One.
Offer – You have stunned us and we make you an offer that we hope you can’t refuse.
Accepting Offer / Party Time! – We want you and you want us and that is cause for a celebration!
Now, let’s talk about what you’ll get in return for all your hard work. Of course, there’s a monthly salary and 25 days’ holiday a year. You’ll get a top-notch MacBook including every tool you will ever need. If you run into a sweet new tool that we weren’t aware of yet, we’ll gladly try it out. And who knows, maybe you can give a lunch lecture on your new discovery.
But wait, there’s even more:
- Monthly (remote) team gatherings and in non-corona times yearly weekend trips
- Fun colleagues to have movie night & play games with
- Team get togethers to discuss your project with colleagues
- Hopefully again soon: a healthy lunch, table tennis, foosball, weekly massages and more
- Compensation for your travel and phone expenses
What sets us apart from those other places
- A huge set of fellow design enthusiasts to work with, share your thoughts with and learn from every single day.
- We jumpstart your career by giving you the opportunity to grow professionally – you will get 10 days a year and financial budget for education to spend on conferences, masterclasses, workshops and (online) courses.
- Opportunity to follow your personal passions and intereststogether with like-minded colleagues.
- We are self-organising, practising Holacracy. You can be independent and define your own career path within Hike One.
- An inspiring office in Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Eindhoven. Here you can work with colleagues, exchange ideas, get useful feedback on your projects or just have a chat at the coffee machine.
You are convinced, what now?
Go ahead and apply! You’re only one click away!