What will you be doing?
Setting up and optimizing the Agile process within your teams: that is how most of your days will look like. You’re the first point of contact for product owners. You coach and guide them in translating the progress to the stakeholders. And vice versa, because you also translate their wishes and needs to your team. Because we are all about learning at Valtech, you also share your knowledge with colleagues and other Scrum Masters. Whether it’s in a workshop, our famous Scrum Tri-weeklies or just over a cup of coffee.
What do we expect from you?
Excellent coaching skills, guiding a team and the ability to work with a lot of freedom are basics for any Scrum Master, if you ask us. Next to this, we expect the following:
- A basic understanding of the Scrum Methodology
- You have experience working within teams from 4 to 12 people
- You carry out an agile mindset and make sure your self-managing teams do their work properly
- You know how to stand in front of a group and to take the lead
- You mastered the art of removing impediments successfully
- Coaching your team and product owners is your second nature
- Open and direct communication is a skill you master
- Any experience with scaled Agile frameworks is a plus
- Flawless English writing and speaking skills
- You don’t mind working (partly) from home – at least while the Covid-19 measures last
A next step for a Scrum Master could be to become a project manager. You can start with small projects to manage next to your Scrum Master role. It is a great step up for a successful carrier.
What do we offer in return?
Good employment terms and conditions, a competitive salary and room to develop yourself. How quickly your career progresses and how fast your salary grows depends entirely on you – with some help from your Team Captain, of course. Our internal Academy will also help you continue to develop yourself. In addition, you can also follow a work-related educational program with an external provider (in consultation with your mentor). And because work, learning and private life are increasingly entwined, you can arrange your working time flexibly to match your creative peaks.
Furthermore, you’ll get this:
– 25 vacation days. Want more? You can buy up to 10 days extra
– Pension scheme
– Travel allowance (every colleague gets a NS Businesscard)
– Group health insurance
– Laptop and mobile phone