We’re looking for
Interaction (UX) Design Interns
Full-Time | Amsterdam – Eindhoven
You are one badass of a designer of course, why else would you be reading this description on this application page. You seize the moment and enjoy looking complex problems right in the face without flinching. You show a strong passion for digital product design and not just a willingness but more an appetite to learn new things. You have dozens of ideas bouncing around in your head that you are dying to figure with your design prowess. Above all you are an easy-going structured individual who realises the benefits of a healthy work life balance, and enjoyed a fun, yet competitive, game of table soccer.
Sounding familiar? Great! Let’s get to business.
About the Job
A internship at Hike One gives you the opportunity to tackle a complex design problems for clients in which your input and work directly effects the outcome. You shouldn’t worry, we understand that you may be rough around the edges as a designer, which is why we see an internship at Hike One as an extensive learning experience as well. As an intern you will have unfettered access to the minds and skills our 50+ digital product designers. We are here to support you in your development as a designer any way we possibly can. From creative sessions, spirited coffee discussions, insights and constructive critiques of your work along the way, we are there for you and your project.
- You are constantly learning and staying up to date on the latest UX tools and UX trends.
- You see yourself designing for a variety of contexts, from car selling platforms to multimedia service providers.
- You crave feedback from peers and clients because you are always looking to improve the way you work.
- You are not shy in asking questions and voice your opinionto colleagues.
- You love testing your ideas with the people for whom you design them for.
* Please note: we are looking for people living (or willing to relocate) in the Netherlands, able to travel to our clients and work from one of our offices.
About Hike One
We are Hike One, one of the finest teams of digital product designers in The Netherlands. Maybe you’ve ran into us before without knowing it. We worked on Rituals, Marktplaats, Signify, Squla, and more. Our team consists of over 50+ designers, currently spread between our offices in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, and Eindhoven. We design digital services that not only look awesome but work extremely smooth as well.
Meet your Team
We call ourselves designers. Yet we see ourselves as so much more. We come from all walks of life, we are engineers, explorers, entrepreneurs, teachers, researchers, illustrators, musicians, thrill-seekers and above all else friends. We believe in the following;
- 🧠 Being a creative problem solver: A Hiker doesn’t accept how things are given and seeks to constantly pioneer new manners of approaching work, creativity and life in general.
- ⛰️ Being open to challenges and seeking them out: A Hiker is comfortable with not knowing what to do or how to do it.
- 🏎️ Being a ferrari (Tesla): A Hiker thinks in opportunities and possibilities rather than problems and excuses.
- 🤓 Being a nerd: To bluntly put it, Hike One is a gathering of enthusiastic and passionate nerds.
- ✊ Being all about the team: Nothing is great or worth sharing is done alone, it’s all about helping one another grow and celebrating successes together!
Our hiring process
Apply – You send in your application and we promise you will hear back from us within two weeks😎.
Interview – Here we focus on diving into your work and mindset as a designer.
Offer – You have stunned us and we make you an offer that we hope you can’t refuse.
Accepting Offer / Party Time! – We want you and you want us and that is cause for a celebration!
You are convinced, what now?
Go ahead and apply! You’re only one click away!