The Hoppinger Group is looking for a a new Head of Technology.
The Hoppinger Group is growing, and we need a new Head of Technology to support our Group CTO with defining and maintaining a roadmap to take the development team of Hoppinger into a future of great code and great added value for our customers.
What will you bring?
As Head of Technology you will actively seek and deliver input to the CTO for the long-term technical strategy of Hoppinger, and you will translate that strategy into a tactical roadmap while then monitoring and facilitating its operational execution.
You will help the development team standardize their operations even more by enhancing reuse of code and components at all levels of our software, standardize our DevOps pipelines, and further improve the quality and effectiveness of our delivery. And by setting up training and information sharing structures you will make sure that all developers get onboarded along the proper structures.
You will be working with
Of course you will not do this alone. The team is proven and a group of senior experts and architects will assist you in giving form to the roadmap. The board of the group are an experienced team who will be able to offer coaching both operationally and technical. And the sister companies Hoppinger Business Solutions and Vidda Digital will further contribute with the consolidated knowledge coming from their own expertise.
- Love a challenge;
- Love coding, and have a deep understanding of software engineering and functional programming;
- Cannot sleep unless your code is beautiful, maintainable, reusable, modular, reliable, fast, and immutable;
- Are willing to get your hands dirty and to manage from the frontlines, without losing sight of the bigger picture;
- Are result-driven and get the job done;
- Have at least 10 years of experience in the industry, in a technical/developer role;
- Have experience leading a technical team;
- Have at least an MsC in Computer Science or similar field;
- Have experience with some of our stack (or are willing to put in the time to learn it yourself): C#, ASP .Net, OData, (obviously Postgres and the unmissable SQL) TypeScript, React, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, and also WordPress, Drupal, or SharePoint (of course not all at the same time);
- Are communicative in English and Dutch (or willing to learn quickly: the position will be hard to fulfill with English only);
- Are available 32-40 hours a week