Join us to help mission-driven organizations across Europe, US, and Japan. So far, we’ve helped to launch global platforms, break crowdfunding world records, and build impactful brands. With the help of our new full stack developer, we know we can do even more.
Momkai is an award-winning strategic design agency that focuses on building membership-based communities around meaningful missions. Our global clients past and present include Adyen, Red Bull, Nike, the Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB), Urban Land Institute, Imperial College London, and New York University.
The team also worked closely with the founders of VanMoof, Bugaboo, Oncode Institute, Swapfiets and Renews Japan. Momkai helped to co-found, design, and build De Correspondent, now the 3rd largest membership journalism platform in the world (and a client for over 9 years).
We focus on memberful design — or empowering groups of people to take action together around a shared purpose. As the Momkai team, we help changemakers and founders to achieve this. Thanks to our four-year collaboration with New York University, we’ve learned that this approach provides a better, healthier, and more sincere route to sustainability.That’s how we became the home of memberful design.
About your role
Your work matters.
We are looking for talented developers with a drive to create outstanding work — guided by a strong moral compass and with a focus on creating clarity and beauty. Together we create member experiences: platforms, brands, and apps that make a positive impact in the world.
By writing clean code, you enable others to build upon your work. By presenting your ideas clearly you inspire others. And by learning new technologies with the team and our development partners, we all stay at the frontier of our craft. At Momkai, you will be part of an independent studio — and you’ll be welcomed by a close-knit team, who will do anything in their power to make you feel at home.
We strive to modernize our technical stack whenever we have the chance, aiming for a future proof architecture and ideal technical fit for our client projects. We have a preferred technical stack that everyone within our development team is comfortable with. For back-end purposes we commonly use Craft as our preferred headless CMS, enriched with plugins or self-written modules. Through GraphQL queries we feed our front-end using Next.js and React components. This way, we are able to create responsive interfaces with SCSS and animation libraries like GSAP.
What we ask:
- Three years of experience — as a Full-stack develope
- Proven record — creating headless API driven web-application
- Back-end knowledge — with PHP frameworks like YII, Symphony or Laravel
- Thinks in structure — experienced with MySQL or similar SQL based languages
- Used to development tools — like Git, CLI and Lighthouse
- Hands-on teamwork — open to feedback, with an eye for detail
- Member focused — adding value to your end-users experience
- Proficient in English — speaking Dutch is helpful
Additionally welcome skills:
- Devops knowledge — configuring hosting architecture with AWS or Netlify
- Workflow optimization — applying CI and automated code testing
- Additional techniques — Craft CMS, Next.js, Docker and GraphQL
About your contract:
- A competitive salary — benchmarked by the Dutch Digital Agencies
- Solid benefits — such as a pension plan, travel reimbursement and 24 days a year off
- Personal development — guidance for growth and training and unlimited books
- Momkai Macbook — and all the tools you need to do your job
About our team and office:
- A multidisciplinary team — highly skilled, focused on making our best work together
- A friendly environment — with gezellige veggie lunches, drinks and events
- Studio in Amsterdam’s city center — office and terrace overlooking the water
- Easily accessible — close to central station and with private parking spaces
About your work-life balance:
- The option to work from home — we learned to master Hybrid workin
- Travel reimbursement — if you don’t live around the corne
- Parent awareness — additional paternity leave, part time work, and gifts for the kid
- A membership menu — with museum, magazine, health or culinary memberships