Front-end Development internship at Momkai
September 2021 — January/February 2022
At strategic design agency Momkai we are looking to welcome a front-end development intern to our international team. With a drive to create outstanding work — from thoughtful applications to fully responsive websites. For our mission-driven clients in the US, Europe, and Japan.
At Momkai, you will work on real client projects with an international scope. As part of a team with a drive for quality. Memberful design is our collective focus: creating meaningful experiences for the members of mission-driven organizations. We help to build international platforms, launch impactful brands, and break crowdfunding world-records. Grounded in our design principles of calm and clarity.
At Momkai, we create meaningful member experiences online and in the real world — from design strategy and brand identities to digital platforms and product launches. To provide a more solid and sincere route to sustainability for mission-driven organizations around the globe.
We design member experiences for organizations such as the Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB), Adyen, and New York University. We also create memberful initiatives from scratch, such as ad-free journalism platform De Correspondent, the Embassy of Good Science for the European research community, and the Oncode Institute for cancer research.
Our design philosophy is to cultivate calm, so that only the content can drive you to distraction. We design holistic experiences, from timeless brand identities to inventive audio apps. We cultivate calm as a team too. To keep us kind, constructive, and creative. In 2016, we introduced our philosophy of cultivating calm at the Stedelijk Museum of modern art in Amsterdam.
About your role
Your work matters
We are looking for a talented front-end development intern with an eye for detail and a passion for creative code. To help us bring impactful designs to life, from thoughtful applications to fully responsive websites. By developing new features, improving existing functionalities, and optimizing web experiences. As part of a skilled development team with a drive for quality.
What we ask:
- Registered at an educational institution — within the European Union (requirement!)
- Studying at a bachelor level or higher — with an internship that is part of your curriculum
- Some experience with front-end development — but most importantly you’re eager to learn
- Member focused — develop with the end user in mind
- Hands-on — receptive to feedback
- Eye for detail — with a sense of quality
- Proficient in English — speaking Dutch is helpful
- Available for five to six months — starting in August or September 2021
What we offer:
- A multidisciplinary team — focused on delivering high quality work
- Room for personal development — guidance for growth with dedicated mentorship
- International clients and partners — a wide range of mission-driven projects
- A friendly working environment — with lunch and your own laptop included
- Spacious office in city center Amsterdam — office that overlooks the water *
- Nearby Central Station — easily accessible with public transport
- Internship compensation — 400 EUR/month based on a 40 hour week
* During the pandemic, we work from home as much as possible. If this is still the case when you start your internship at Momkai, we will provide you with everything you need to properly work from home. Such as an additional screen, mouse, keyboard, or office chair. From you, we ask that you ensure a stable internet connection and a quiet spot where you can set up your home office and have your daily video calls.