We’re looking for a React Native developer who knows which technologies to deploy to create the kind of tailor-made, high-quality digital mobile experiences that we strive for. This means a combination of technical know-how, and a good feel for the mobile landscape.
As a React Native developer you know your way around both the iOS and Android ecosystems. You are familiar with development tools like Xcode, Android Studio and Gradle and have a clear understanding how to setup and maintain a build and release pipeline to automate the lifecycle of a mobile app. Both the App Store and Play Store bear no secrets to you and you can quickly resolve issues when getting apps distributed.
Our preferred candidate also has good communication skills, the kind of skills that you need to discuss projects with non-technical people and to coach junior developers. This means that they work well in a team while maintaining a strong sense of individual responsibility. While we understand that this is a tall order, we also know that we can help the right candidate achieve their goals and grow within the role. Doing this enables us to build strong, lasting relationships with our developers.
A little more detail
If this sounds like you, then these are the things that you’ll need to show us that you’ve done:
- You have created robust mobile experiences using React Native (ES6+)
- You can write clean and reusable code using TypeScript
- You are experienced with configuring/setting up CI/CD pipelines for app testing and distribution using tools like App Center or Jenkins
- Have experience with deploying applications to Android and iOS devices using its respective application store (App Store/Play Store)
- Build mobile applications on top of REST API’s
- Extensively tested your application code using test frameworks like Jest
- Familiarity with either AWS or Azure.
- Create a fluid and performant user experience
- Be able to debug (performance) issues
- Be able to create/update native libraries/bridges using either Objective-C/Swift for iOS or Java/Kotlin for Android
- Be able to debug platform specific issues using Xcode and Android Studio.
We’d also prefer it if you’ve had experience with writing native application code for either of the mobile platforms. Next to that we’d also prefer it if you’ve had experience of Scrum. Attending a regular meetup or similar open-source community is, of course, a plus and if it all comes with a smile, then so much the better!
We’re a young company with an already impressive client list (Heineken, Liander, Toyota, innogy, Canon, Pon and more) along with several new startups and we’ve grown to forty-plus staff in just four years. We’ve achieved success by valuing and investing in the people who work for us. That’s not just business-speak; our mission is to enable our staff to grow so that they can enable our clients to grow. Good relationships are the key to our success.
Team work is central to everything we do at Lab Digital. Each small, independent team is based in Utrecht and works on both new and existing projects. With the right support, we believe, small, independent teams achieve better results. They also encourage skilled people to take responsibility and grow their career.
All our clients are unique so we put an emphasis on fully understanding them and their requirements. For each client we build and run creative, end-to-end digital products that are as unique as they are. From the vision to the design to the development to the deployment, the experiences that we create are tailor-made and built to last. Our relationship with our clients doesn’t end at delivery; we run the products that we create and keep measuring and optimizing them so that they keep delivering, helping our clients to keep growing.
So what can we offer the right candidate? Here are the basics:
- A competitive salary and an expense allowance
- Interesting and challenging projects that match your ambition
- A favourable pension scheme
- All the gear you need to do your job well – no compromises
There are the usual perks like a full fridge, a tasty lunch (small fee), good coffee and you’ll be able to work flexibly.
Above and beyond this, what we offer is a commitment to you. e will listen to you, take your needs and wishes seriously and we will work to help you grow professionally. Want to take a professional development course that will help you and our clients grow? We’re all in. Want to visit events and conferences with the team? We already do that. Want to talk about how things could be done better? We’re all ears. Want to be part of an organisation that’s active in the Open Source community? Check out our GitHub at https://github.com/labd/ or our blog https://blog.labdigital.nl/.
So if you’re a React Native developer who wants the chance to grow, maybe it’s time to join a company that will value what you do and help you to achieve your goals.